CARING FOR YOUR SHOES
Leather is a natural product and will discolour over time. To enhance the lifespan of your Green Cross shoes, it is important to take care of them and follow our instructions below:
- Wear your shoes frequently. Green Cross shoes are made for walking.
- Do not wear the same pair of shoes every day. This allows them to breathe and retain their shape.
- Avoid environments where oils, chemicals and solvents are present.
- Regularly clean and polish your leather uppers with leather cleaner and polish.
- Remove dirt by wiping with a soft brush or slightly damp (not wet) cloth.
- Never use harsh cleaning agents on our shoes. These chemicals destroy the natural leather.
- Do not soak or submerge shoes in water.
- Allow damp shoes to dry naturally at room temperature. Do not put them near a direct heat source.
CARING FOR DIFFERENT LEATHERS
Colour variations or slight imperfections are the hallmarks of genuine leather.
Full Grain Leather
- Ensure that the selected polish matches the upper colour.
- Neutral shoe creams/polishes should be used for light coloured leather.
- Apply evenly in small amounts and buff with a clean, dry lint-free cloth or buffing brush.
- Protect new shoes before the first wear with suede and nubuck protector.
- Remove surface dirt with a soft brush.
- Some stains may be removed using a suitable suede or nubuck cleaner.
- Certain cleaners may darken the colour of the upper. Test on a small area first.
- A soft brush can be used to restore and raise the nap of the leather.
- Avoid spilling oily liquid onto the nubuck leather as this will permanently damage it.
Suede and Nubuck Leather
Waxy and Oily Leather
- Use specifically formulated shoe creams for oily and waxy leather. Apply with a clean, dry lint-free cloth.
- Do not use liquid polish as these leathers have been specifically treated with waxes and oils to give optimum suppleness, comfort and authenticity.
- Scratches may easily occur but in most cases can be removed in most cases by gently rubbing the surface area.
High Shine and Patent Leather
- Do not use a buffing brush.
- Wipe and buff with a clean lint-free cloth.
Metallic Leather and Synthetic Finishes
- Wipe with a clean cloth moistened only with water.
- Gently rub with a dry cloth to return to a shiny finish.